Friday, March 14, 2014

'Tis the Season Challenge #12

The ladies on 'Tis the Season have a color challenge for us this week!  The colors are Garden Green, Real Red, and Soft Sky with the option for adding Candy Canes.

Sooooooooo.... here's what I came up with.  My base is Garden Green.  On top of that is a layer of Soft Sky.  On top of that is an embossed layer of Real Red.  Then I added a row of three candy canes.  I know you can't see it in the pic, but they are embossed with clear embossing powder so they are nice and shiny.  My sentiment is stamped in red on soft sky, punched out using the medium oval on a scalloped green oval.  Both the candy canes and the oval are popped up.  In addition the Soft Sky/Real Red layer are popped up.

I originally was stumped by the color combo, but when I focused on the candy cane option, it all quickly came together.  I am quite happy with the results!  It's a simple and easy card, fast to create multiple copies if necessary.

Give it a try!  Head on over to 'Tis the Season Stamping blog and play along with us!

No comments: