Monday, December 30, 2013

Yippee-Skippee! and The Friday Mashup

 I made two, almost identical, cards for The Friday Mashup challenge this week.

Their challenge was to use Real Red, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, and Crumb Cake or to make a project with glitter/shimmer/bling or mash-it-up and make both.  Since Christmas is over, I decided to go the the next major card giving holiday: Valentine's Day.

Here's what I created...

I used the Yippee-Skippee stamp set (I've been trying to find a way to use this sentiment... I freakin' love it!)  I used the small heart punch to punch out 8 hearts of the green and blue and one of the glitter red.  I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay and then colored in "love" with my red marker.  I popped up the red glitter heart and panel of hearts, too.

I used the Chalk Talk framelits to create a panel for the sentiment.  It was a bit longer than I needed it to be, so I used the side of the decorative label to punch out the other side to mimic the fancy punch that the framelit creates.  My scrap was 1 1/2", which perfectly fits in the side of the punch.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Avery Murphy said...

Your card was created perfectly for our challenges! I love all the hearts you lined up perfectly.

Thank you for joining us at the Friday Mashup.