Sunday, September 22, 2013

Using Gift Givers for The Friday Mahsup and Pals Paper Art

 These are the two cards that I created in an answer for the weekly challenges this week on The Friday Mashup and Pals Paper Arts.  


The Friday Mashup's challenge was to use a Fall/Harvest Food Theme or paper piecing, or to mash-it-up and do both.  (Although I have to admit that every time I see "Paper Piecing" I think it says "Paper Piercing."  Luckily, I caught my mistake in time, not that some piercing wouldn't make this even cuter!)



The challenge on Pals Paper Art was this sketch:

PPA172


So I pulled out some old Halloween DSP (long retired).
I liked both sides of the DSP, so I made one card with one side, the other card with the other side.  That's what I love about the double sided paper!










Here's a close up of the paper piecing. There are three pumpkins that were stamped on Pumpkin Pie DSP and then cut out and pieced on.  The two pumpkins with the faces are colored using a blender pen and Pumpkin Pie ink.

Thanks for looking!  

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great Halloween cards! Bright and happy! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Lisa said...

Great job on the pumpkins Lisa! An I love paper piercing also so would have been happy to see that too :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute pumpkin image! Love the paper piecing on some of the pumpkins. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Adorable Halloween cards! So bright and cheerful! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

hollybeary creations said...

You were on a crafty roll!! These are all great. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Lili said...

Your cards are so cute! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - your wee little paper-piecing is darling! Love the paper in the background :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Friday Mashup!