Sunday, April 21, 2013

Color Challenge Mother's Day Card

I have completely neglected my blog... poor little blog!  I haven't really done many challenges... no, I haven't really done much card making at all recently. My weeks have gotten so packed with other things.  I have to get everything squeezed into the weekends, and I have just not been feeling any creativity at all!

This weekend, I wanted to get back into the studio and be productive.  My mojo is still missing, but I went to all the pictures I've saved and I started CASEing.
 I started working by going to my favorite challenge blog, The Friday Mashup.  

They had a color challenge this week of Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, and Wisteria Wonder.  The second part of the challenge is to mail or deliver the card to someone special (and that will happen... on Mother's Day).  Or we can mash-it-up and do both.

I often make two cards when I am making one (to increase my production).  I also often make little changes.  In these cards, I made big changes.  I switched colors for each card completely.

I used Papillion Potpourri on this card and the butterfly punches on the one below.  This card has rhinestone bling; the one below has pearls.
Once again, big thanks to the Friday Mashup blog for the inspiration.  It was greatly needed!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

These are beautiful, Lisa! Lovely colors for Mother's Day. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - that embossing folder is just gorgeous! I love the butterflies :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lili said...

Beautiful card Lisa! The embossed background, the butterflies and the great sentiment are a perfect combination of elements and colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

kat said...

Your cards are gorgeous and I think you DO have your mojo back. I have a friend that LOVES butterflies and I'd love to get her the embossing folder but it isn't familar to me. Would you please tell me who makes it and the name? Thanks so much!