Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Still Looking...

So one of the things I found in my stash was a whole folder of these words/sayings on velum paper.  I do love these.  I decided to make a few cards using two that struck me.

This is actually the second of the two that I made.  I made this one with the color challenge over on Dynamic Duos: Real Red, Basic Black with an option to add in a Valentines theme.

I embossed my black layer with a XOXO embossing folder I found.  The velum is layered on red, and the best way I've found to attach velum with no tape or glue showing is to use brads.  So technically, this could also be entered into The Friday Mashup's challenge this week.  One of their two options is to use brads.

I like it.  I don't LOVE it.  I will proudly give it.  My mojo is still missing....

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Great idea to mount those saying, and vellum + brads is perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

I think it's beautiful, Lisa! That 'xo' background is so fun. This is such an elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

Amy White said...

Very sweet! Love the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Karen Day said...

Beautiful and elegant! Thanks for playing this week at Dynamic Duos :o)

Vicki Burdick said...

so pretty, Thanks so much for joining us on the Dynamic Duos.

hollybeary creations said...

So pretty Lisa.. I love the way the vellum looks so soft and elegant. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.