Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tangerine Tango and Old Olive Dynamic Duo

 Here's my entry for this week's Dynamic Duo color challenge, and there's a back story here that I am going to share.

For Thanksgiving, I like to make a little goodie for each guest. (I didn't make them last year and my guests were not happy about it, including the dudes!)  I'd saw this cute little bag made with the two tags in the two tags die.  I had to figure it out for myself because there were no directions on the blog entry I saw, so this one isn't quite perfect, but the next one will be!  But I bet you can't tell, can you?  

Today when I saw the colors that DD gave us, I knew what I had to do!

On one side, there's this cute little guy from the Gift Givers set reminding us to be thankful.  I added a few more of the punches on each side to pull the two colors again.
On the other side, I added a tangerine leaf and two olive leaves.  I stamped the tangerine leaf with tangerine ink using the leaf from the Wonderfall set.  I crumpled up the olive leaves and used my bone folder to hand emboss a few veins.

In the little holes in the two tags die, I add a big gold brad.  It fills it quite nicely.

I plan on lining the bag with some tissue paper and some sort of yummy goodie.  If I have time, I'll make the cinnamon-sugar pecans again.  If I run out of time, I can buy some chocolate to go in.  Either way, my guests will love them!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

AB. said...

This is beautiful! I particularly love the the big Tangerine leaf and the smaller leaves....and the big gold brad really sets it off. What a great idea!! I'm sure your guests will love them! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

Mynn xx said...

This is DARLING!!! LOVE this idea, and the textures is amazing! I hope you come and play along with me at Technique Tuesday--the monthly challenge is Bargello! Also, I have a DT call on my blog for a new challenge that will start in January if you are interested! HUGS! :)

Tricia said...

I love this! Are you willing to share the tutorial?

Allisa said...

Such a cute treat bag. You have your guests spoiled! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Susan Joyce said...

What a lovely little treat bag, I like the addition of the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.