Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beautiful Butterfly in Summer Starfruit

 Just Add Ink has a color challenge this week of Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  While making my first card, I had a card evolution.  By using the same basic ingredients as my first card, the card evolved.

I still use the Window framelits to create the outline of the window shape.

This time, each layer is popped up one more level.  The gray level is attached right on the card base (I used my snail for this).  Then I popped up the starfruit layer.  Next, I stacked one dimensional on top of another dimensional to step up the next layer.  I love how this looks in real life!


On this one, I added the littlest window of gray underneath a beautiful butterfly.  I stamped in on starfruit paper with gray ink and then punched him out and popped him up!

In the center of the butterfly, I added 3 diamonds to add a little bling.  I didn't add a sentiment to the outside.  I decided that could be added to the inside when I decided what I wanted to use this card for.  I think I could use it for TONS of occasions: birthday, anniversary, thinking of you, sympathy, etc.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Lovely! The way you've popped up the frames makes this look like a professionally framed beauty. LOVE the butterfly stamped in Basic Gray on Summer Starfruit; it looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along again with us at Just Add Ink!

Mae's Cachet said...

Another great card. That simple design can be used for such variations. You are on a roll. Thanks again for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

Jo said...

This is lovely Lisa. I love the stacked layers and the butterfly in the centre just sets it off perfectly. Thanks for joining in with us at JAI this week.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love the butterfly and those layers of grey and starfruit Lisa. Thanks for playing with us at JAI this week.