Sunday, September 30, 2012

Leaves and Twine of Gratitude

This is my second card using the same "ingredients,"  but it is different enough that I decided I should create a separate post for it.  I made this card for The Friday Mashup blog challenge.  This week, the ladies of the Mashup provided the challenge to make a fall leaves project, or a project with twine, or mash-it-up and make a fall leaves project with twine.  Stampin' Royalty has the challenge of using the Big Shot and dies.

For this card and the previous one, I used my woodgrain embossing folder.  I inked both sides of the folder with Crumb Cake and put in two pieces of Very Vanilla, embossed them, and that gave me two pieces of the embossed paper, one with the ink on the parts that stick out of the embossing, one with the ink on the parts that are indented (yes, I know there are terms for each of those, but I am not sure of the official terms).

Next I added my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment from Day of Gratitude, cut it out using Apothecary Accents, sponged the edges, then cut out two more of the same shapes.  I cut each in half, one vertically, one horizontally and pieced them around the edges to create a boarder all around the main sentiment.  Then I punched in two holes and added my garden twine.  Next I added three leaves and an acorn, all cut out using the Autumn Accents die.  I stamped the big leave using Wonderfall.  I stamped it in More Mustard, balled the paper leaf up, flattened it back out, pressed my Pumpkin Pie ink pad down over the leaf, and then sponged the edges and parts of the center in Cajun Craze.  I folded the brown leaf in half and then embossed it with the woodgrain embossing folder to create veins.  The little leaf is in Bravo Burgundy that is sprayed with smootch spray so it's a bit sparkly.  Finally, I made my acorn.  I used two acorns, one in More Mustard, one in Chocolate Chip.  I trimmed the top off the chocolate one and embossed that with the lattice square embossing folder and added it to the top of the mustard acorn.  I'm really happy with how this card turned out!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Another great card....that sentiment is my favorite one and I love how you used it here with the twine.

Thanks again for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Amy White said...

Great combination of woodgrain and leaves! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!