Sunday, September 23, 2012

Indian Corn for Indian Summer


 I have to say, I am loving how these cards turned out!

I created them to answer the challenge this week on The Friday Mashup.  Their challenge is to create an Indian Summer themed project, or create a project using any three colors from Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, or Early Espresso, or mash-it-up and do both.  I decided to mash-it-up.

Immediately when I thought about Indian Summer, I thought about Indian Corn; you know, that multi-colored corn?  I pulled out my Spice Cake DSP, which helped me picked my color options of More Mustard, Early Espresso, and Cajun Craze.  I made two and I had to switch them up a bit.
This card also answers the sketch challenge this week on Sunday Stamps.

I colored the stamp itself using my Stampin' Markers.

Colors:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Old Olive (I know... it wasn't in the challenge, but I don't have a Lucky Limeade marker and the olive looks better with this color mix anyway)
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved
Other: Spice Cake DSP, Cannery Set Framelits, More Mustard grosgrain ribbon, Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon, 2" circle punch, large scallop punch, stampin' dimensionals, lattice embossing folder

I know it's hard to tell from the pictures, but the top two corn cobs are popped up.  I didn't put a sentiment on them because I don't know what I want to use them for yet.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Monica Hornof said...

What a cute card Lisa! I love how you individually colored the corn. So much work, I'm sure, but so worth it. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

These are beautiful, Lisa! I love those cobs of corn... and oh how I miss the Spice Cake DSP!! Great to see you this week at Sunday Stamps!

Hayley Kew said...

Love the warm fall feel of these cards! And agree the individual colouring on the corn is beyond cute. Happy you joined us this week at Sunday Stamps, hope you will play along again soon :)

Heidi Baks said...

Indian corn for indian summer - I love it! It reminds me of going to the farm for pumpkin picking. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.