Saturday, September 29, 2012

A CASED Dynamic Duo

After being inspired by a friend to try it, I made my own version of the ornament that is featured on the front of the holiday mini catalog.  (Thanks, Nancy!)

I didn't own all the materials that Stampin' Up used to make this ornament, but I made a quick trip to a fabric store and found this really cool fabric.  It is tulle like, it's cherry cobbler like, and it has some cool sparkly things on it.

I made this thinking of the Dynamic Duo's weekly color challenge.  This week, we were given the challenge of using Cherry Cobbler and the color of your choice.  I chose Old Olive.  
Upon a closer look, you can see the Polka Dot Parade DSP I used for the rosette.  I found a Cherry Cobbler colored button  in my giant container of buttons, and I found an Old Olive colored pearl for the center of that.

This was my first attempt at this crazy-cool ornament.  Don't worry... I'm sure there will be more.  This is just too cool!  Also, I learned somethings from making this one that I will work on applying to my next one... stay tuned!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ornament is lovely. ;-) So pretty in the colors you used. I love the medallion and pearl center, too. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Allisa said...

I love the bling in your tulle. I have these on my to do list! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Susan Joyce said...

Very lovely, love the glitter on the tulle. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.