Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feeling Blue... and Pink

 Call off the search dogs... I am alive and okay!  I made a promise to myself to do the weekly challenges on Dynamic Duo from the start, and I was doing so well.  But then I went away for my family vacation (I know... feel bad for me...), which was a good reason to miss a week of the challenge.  On return from vacation, I had to go to the ER for what turned out to be torticolis, and we have no idea how I got it, but let me tell you, it is PAINFUL!  I was given painkillers, which knocked me out so I basically slept for the next week, thus missing two weeks in a row of challenges.  BUT... I'm back, and once again, I've combined my two favorite challenges, Dynamic Duo, a color challenge blog with a color challenge this week of Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette, and The Friday Mashup.  This week, the challenge was to make a project with a banner or flag, or make a project with a matching envelope or mash it up and do both.


I made two cards following the same basic sketch: a birthday card and a thank you card.

Colors Used: Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Stamp sets: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Word Play
Other: various edgelets and embossing folders and edges, paper-piercer, white twine

Thanks for looking...

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Yikes I don't know what that is but what a way to end your vacation! Glad you're doing better 😊 Love your sweet little embossed banners, darling cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos.

Ulrike said...

Perfekt card! Great colors and I love how you did the Banners.
Liebe Grüße Ulrike (guest designer friday mashup from germany)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love your little embossed banners. Are they done with the Modern Label Punch? Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Pia S said...

A lovely clean design. fab use of the colors!

Melissa said...

Love those embossed banners!!! So pretty with all that white too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Kim S said...

How totally creative!! Into my files to CASE! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Amy White said...

Those embossed punched banners are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

We missed you around here.. So glad you are feeling better. These came out so cute! I love how you used the color combo and the banner texture is perfect.