Friday, July 27, 2012

Bootiful Christmas
















This is the first card I've entered for the Merry Monday challenge.  I love the idea of building up my holiday card stash before the holidays roll around.  So you will be seeing me around here more!

So here's my take.  As usual, I made two, with one being slightly different than the other.  That's the great thing about our DSP.  You can switch from one side to the other and create a totally different card.

So for this card, I used a base of Gumball Green.  I used two different strips of the Be of Good Cheer DSP.  I used Very Vanilla and stamped my boot from Bootiful Occasions in black and then I colored the book in with my Cherry Cobbler marker.  I popped the whole panel up in the center, which I cut out with the labels collection framelit.  Then I used the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Finally, I finished off the whole thing with some Crystal Effects on the puffs and top of the boot (you can't tell from the pictures, but you gotta trust me, it adds the perfect touch).

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love both versions! That boot is lots of fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both are fabulous Christmas cards Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are fantastic, what a fabulous image. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.