Monday, June 18, 2012

Dynamic Duo/Melon Mango... card 1

 This week's color combo over on Dynamic Duos is Melon Mambo and Basic Black.

I am pretty excited about the ideas I came up with!  I usually combine the color challenge with an other challenge, but I recently got a BIG Stampin' Up order, and I used my new sets for my inspiration.

This card was also inspired by some graphics at church!  I love it when that happens!!!  I stamped a Whisper White piece with melon using Flowering Flourishes.  Then I ran it through the Big Shot using the lattice folder.  I also used the sentiment from So Sorry set.  I punched that with a 2" circle punch and put it on top of a flower punch.

Finally, I added the black ribbon and some melon and black bling.
Inside the card, I added a piece of printer paper with a little melon flourish inside the card.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The flourish stamps are georgeous! I love that you didn't add much more on the card. So simple and elegant!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty! I love the flourish stamped in Melon Mambo.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful floral BG you created and the touch of bling is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Kim S said...

This is beautiful. Simple to go with the sentiment, but the pink flowers add a touch of hope! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

You did a great job with the CAS layout. Gorgeous flourish. Thanks for playing along at DD.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love all of the beautiful flourishes and the pops of sparkle! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)