Monday, June 18, 2012

Dynamic Duo/Melon Mambo... card 2

 This is card number two of Dynamic Duo's weekly color challenge.  This week the challenge is Melon Mambo and Basic Black, and I have been inspired!  

For this card, I cased a card that I received in swap.  I just used the challenge colors, and I used the Pennant set and Pennant punch.  I used melon ink with two of the different pennants.  Then I punched out the larger scallop pennant in black.  I layered Whisper White on to a layer of black and put that on a melon card.  I added the sentiment from the set.  I connected the pennants together using little, teeny, tiny brads.  Finally, I wrapped some white bakers twine around the black and white layer and popped the pennants on top of the twine.

Inside, I used a birthday sentiment.  
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are some rather cute banners! :) Love how you tied them off to either side! Thanks for joining us, not once, but 3 times this week at Dynamic Duos! You're on a roll!!!

Kim S said...

This is so happy and festive. I love the use of various patterned papers. So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Good to see you have been inspired by the colour combo this week. Pennant cards are such fun.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at those happy banners! Love how you used the colors and patterns together. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)