Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dynamic Duo... Week Duo

 This is the second week of the blog Dynamic Duos, a place where they'll offer you a two-color challenge.  I've kind of made it a personal goal of mine to complete the challenge with them each week... you know... I want to say, "I've done the Dynamic Duo's challenge every week since it started!"  Kind of a lofty goal considering my mojo goes missing from time to time, but I believe in setting goals, and this is a good one.  It also forced me into the studio tonight to create my card for this week's challenge!

Here is my creation that goes with the challenge!  I have been wanting to use this set and the colors really lent themselves to a baby card (at least in my head).  So I combined Pool Party and So Saffron to create this baby boy card.  I also used the sets Baby Prints and Petite Pairs.  Inside the card is the sentiment, "so glad you're here," stamped in Pool Party.  This is pretty much the card I first pictured in my mind when I initially pictured what I wanted to create.  I did add the ribbon, which I just feel like makes the card.  I also added the little button brads in matching blue and pink.  Can you say adorable?

While I made the above card for a boy baby, I used the other half of my 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper to make a girl card, too.  I have a co-worker who is due in less than a month, and I don't know what she's having.  Now I'm safe either way!

Thanks for looking!  And stop by to see how I'm doing on my Dynamic Duo goal!  I'll take all the support I can get!

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What an awesome goal to set. I look forward to seeing what you create for the Dynamic Duos. A baby boy card is perfect in those colours. Thanks for joining in.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such sweet baby cards, both of them.

Kim S said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your creations. This one is so very sweet....all of the white space keeps it so gentle! The ribbon is a perfect final touch! So glad you could join us for our Dynamic Duo!

Melissa said...

Love these oh-so-sweet baby cards! Love those little footprints and the way you framed your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Adorable baby card, Lisa! Love the little ribbon banner accents! So glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Lesley said...

These are SO cute Lisa, I am happy that this set carried over. You have done a great job with the sketch and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.