Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh... My... Blog!

Here is the breaking news... I have the privilege to be the guest designer this month on The Friday Mashup blog! WHAT??!?! I know! So cool and such an honor!

Here is the challenge:
1. Make a project featuring "Heat Embossing."
2. Or make a "Thank You (Grateful)" project
3. Or "Mash it up" and create a "Thank You project using heat embossing."

My first thought was Thanksgiving. I mean, it's a holiday all about how thankful we are for what we have (really... it's all in the name... Thanks-giving).

And this is the first card I came up with... It starts off with a base of Soft Suede. I have a thin strip of So Saffron that has a ribbon punched piece of Cajun Craze under that, just barely poking out.

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :Make a project featuring "Heat Embossing".Or Make a "Thank You (Grateful)" project. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You Project using Heat Embossing".So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :Make a project featuring "Heat Embossing".Or Make a "Thank You (Grateful)" project. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You Project using Heat Embossing".So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :Make a project featuring "Heat Embossing".Or Make a "Thank You (Grateful)" project. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You Project using Heat Embossing".
Then I used some Chocolate Chip ink on my new new stamp, Hand-Penned Holidays. Next I used Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Red Ridinghood scraps. I stamped the leaf from the Day of Gratitude set in the same colored inks. Then I used my versamark ink pad and just inked up the whole leaf and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, I cut each one out. The pumpkin one is popped up using stampin' dimensionals and I tied a little bow around the stem of the leaf using the linen thread.

Thanks for looking...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Great card, love the leaves.

I know we have Thanksgiving, but my point with the challenge was to recognize those that make a difference in our lives EVERY day, not just on one special day to say thanks :)

Glad to have you onboard as a guest designer!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Congratulations on your well deserved GD spot for this month!

I like the simplicity of this card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Kim P said...

Lisa, this is a great CAS card!! I love the tone on tone embossed leaves! Congrats on your GD spot...you've been a faithful fan!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Congrats on your GD spot with The Friday Mashup this month! Love this card- the sentiment is perfect with your embossed leaves! Great way to "Give Thanks" and could apply anytime of year!

hollybeary creations said...

Welcome to the Team Lisa... This card came out great. I love those colors with the Crumb Cake background.. Really makes them pop!