Sunday, October 16, 2011

I LOVE winter!

In my desire to squeeze in as many challenges as possible this Sunday afternoon, I created this card with the sketch from Stamping 411 in mind, and I was still thinking about the Friday Mashup, too. I didn't take the easel part of the challenge, but I still have lots of snowflakes on this bad boy!
I have a Whisper White base. Then I have a layer of Baja Breeze on which I stamped the long row of snowflakes from this set across again (and again and again and again). I did that in Baja Breeze ink. I used two small strips of Marina Mist that are embossed with the new snowflake embossing folder. The center has a big 2 1/2" circle of white. I stamped the two snowmen on it and used my sponge daubers around the edges. I colored the stamps with my markers to make the snowmen multi-colored. Then I added a Bashful Blue snowflake punch with a 1" white CS sentiment in the middle. The sentiment reads, "love doesn't melt." Don't you just love that sentiment?!? I think it's so sweet! I added the red heart because of the love sentiment. Then I added a white grosgrain ribbon with a cheater bow that has a rhinestone center in the middle. Sparkly... like snow. I love it! Thanks for looking...

10 comments:

Lisa said...

You are on a roll girl, another great card! Love the snowflakes and the use of these wonderful snowmen again!

Notes by Nina said...

Another fabulous card with these two darling snowmen.

Lisa Hensley said...

I love these marshmallow snowmen -- great card!!

Heidi Baks said...

Oh, I like this one even better!

Lesley said...

CUTE card Lisa! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Too stinkin' cute. Love those little snowmen.

Tammy Fite said...

Such sweet little snowmen! Love your card!

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Love how the snowmen are in love!!

hollybeary creations said...

More great Snow Dudes.. These little guys are too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Selene Kempton said...

So sweet I could just eat them up.. (they are marshmallows!) :D Totally awesome card!