Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tri-Colored Turkey!

This card was certainly Clean and Simple, but I do love how it turned out! I made this in response to the CAS-ual Fridays Weekly Challenge.
I started with a base of Early Espresso. Next there is a layer of Cajun Craze, a layer of Tangerine Tango, and then a layer of Pumpkin Pie. I used the Gift Givers set, stamped the turkey image in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla (anyone else get hungry blogging about the colors they use?) Then I used my blender pen to color the cute little turkey in, using the same colors as the paper.

I punched out the turkey, and then I punched out some edges out of some old Pumpkin Pie DSP I had. I think it makes a nice touch, and does, in fact, add another layer of the orange color.
I did add a layer of white printer paper inside so that I people can see what I write in the card!
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Hi Lisa, I love the colors of your choice for this lovely image! So warm and homey--perfect Thanksgiving card! You sure used a lot of YUMMY Colors (LOL)!! I'm getting hungry just reading about the colors! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card, love this little gobbler!! Super job on the challenge :)

Laura Davis said...

Adorable and fun!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura