Monday, September 5, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

This is my creation for Inkspirations Challenges weekly sketch challenge. There are a lot of layers on this card!
I pulled out some DSP from last year (or even the year before?) and got to work. I have two slightly different cards here. I used the sentiment from Word Play and two different embossing folders (neither of them are SU, but they are still very cute... one with ornaments and the other with "Merry Christmas" repeated).
Also, several years ago, I bought a huge mixed bunch of Christmas buttons. This simple one is from that bunch.

I think I like the layer of the red under this sentiment better than the green (which disappears a bit on the green embossed layer). But, I like the additional "Merry Christmas" with the little green button on the first card.
On this second one, I used red ric-rac (sp?) The additional button just didn't work for me. If I were going to make a third, I'd mashup these two to use my favorite parts of each one.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderful focal sentiment and use of this week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Wasn't this paper just great? I like the rick-rack/ric rac...I can never remember how to spell it either. LOL! Thanks for playing along!