Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Great Pumpkin!

Here's a close up of the punch pumpkin and a bit of paper curly-cue I created with a sliver of Basic Black paper.
I created these sweet cards for this week's challenge over on Stamping 411.
I tend to make two cards when I make one, so these are slightly different, but the basic card is the same... it is a sketch challenge after all!
The base of both is Pumpkin Pie. Then I used a very old DSP. Then there is a layer of Basic Black and then another DSP layer.
Then I used the Gift Givers stamp set to stamp the sentiment on Whisper White and then punched it out. Then I used my blender pen and colored the pumpkins in Pumpkin Pie. On this one, I sponged the edge of the punched piece.
I created a mini pumpkin by punching three 3/4" circles in pumpkin. I sponged the edges lightly in black. I used my slot punch (retired) to make a little stem, and then I wrapped a sliver of black paper around my paper piercer and stuck that on. Finally, I popped the pumpkin up, covering the scary looking pumpkin. (This one's for my niece who is too young to read my blog... NO ONE tell her!)
On this one, I used Pumpkin Pie to create a boarder around the main sentiment. On this one, both the pumpkin and the sentiment are popped up using stampin' dimensionals.
I thought of this right away when I saw this sketch (and knew I wanted to use my new Gift Givers set). I hope you like them as much as I do! Whatcha think, Prez? You need a few of these for your little people?
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Love, love, love it! That DSP looks so cool!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love it!!! I love that DSP too and the pumpkins are awesome.

gbarron56 said...

Cute and fun card! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

This card is so darn happy! I love cute Halloween (as opposed to scary). Too cute!! Thanks for playing along with stamping411 this week.

Patti Chesky said...

I love a happy Halloween card!!! Love that little pumpkin!