Sunday, September 18, 2011

Destined NOT to post

I was not meant to post this challenge. I created these two cards on Wednesday night with my card making buddy. I made them for LAST week's challenge on Stamping 411. I was very proud of them, but alas I was not destined to post them. A thunder storm came up, as I finished the cards, the power went out. I thought, "I am not going to let this get me down! My lap top has juice. I am going to post it now." Ahhh... no... no power, no Internet. The modem (?) is electric.
Not only was the power out, but a tree also fell against the base of our driveway, trapping my friend in! So she and I sat in the dark, chatting while my awesome husband was out chopping the very live tree with an ax. Chain saw, you ask? Yes! Of course we have one! It's electric. May I remind you that the power was out?


Alas, I could not post these cards, but I still wanted to share them because I do think they are super cute and very creative. I used an old DSP with the ornaments. I used Real Red, Whisper White, and Sahara Sand. What you can't really see is that the ornament punch is in the top layer and the white paper is underneath. The top layer is popped up so it's a bit 3D. I was not able to take the picture to clearly show how cool it looks. I guess I was lucky I got this one. I was taking the shots in the dark.
Either way, I hope you like them. Thanks for looking!

No comments: