Sunday, July 10, 2011

Who's Got the Blues?

These are two attempts at the color challenge on Pal's Paper Arts. This is my first one...
I started with a base of Confetti White. I used circles punched in in 3/4", 1", and 1 1/4" in Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, and Bashful Blue. After I punched the circles, I used three different embossing folders: two different sized polka dots and one with multiple circles. I also used Lovely Labels (which is, I am sure, retired). I stamped it Not Quite Navy on Bashful Blue, but I did stamp it off once first to lighten it up a bit. I popped that up using stamping dimensionals.
I went with the dot theme again here. I started with a base of Bashful Blue, then a layer of Not Quite Navy, then a layer of Whisper White. I used 1" circles of all three of the blues. This time, I stamped the "Thank you" on Bashful Blue in Marina Mist. I punched it out using a 1 1/4" punch. I also popped it up using stamping dimensionals. Finally, I wanted to add some of my Bashful Blue brads (alliteration!). I thought a row of brads curving around the edge of a circle would look cool. I am not totally thrilled with how it turned out, but overall I am happy with the card.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: