Friday, June 17, 2011

'Wood' you like a father's day card?

While I can say that I'm not a father, I cannot say that I would mind getting this card!

This was my Tuesday Personal Challenge Goal) (PCG). I was trying to challenge my inner guy. I saw a video tutorial of using the kissing technique to make circles look like they had wood grain, but I don't have a wood grain stamp, so I improvised. I used an embossing folder on one and I used the textured plates, distressed on the other. So I stared with a base of River Rock and rounded the corners all around. Then I punched circles of various sizes (3/4" to a 1 1/4") in Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, and Early Espresso then emobssed them using my big shot. Then I stamped Happy Father's Day from Best Dad Ever on Vanilla paper in Early Espresso ink. I sponged around the edges in the suede and spritzed chocolate ink. Very manly.


I didn't even use my dimensionals to pop any of the circles, although you could. No ribbon, no bling, just "wood" circles. I might just have to go scratch myself somewhere now.

Thanks for looking...

No comments: