Sunday, June 5, 2011

Father's Day Motorcycle

I am trying to get a bunch of Father's Day cards together for sale. What is better for a dude card than a motor cycle?

I have made a few motorcycle cards int he past, too. I really like the motorcycle stamp with this embossing folder. It looks like one of those heavy duty dude tool boxes. And I use a soda can (that my husband cuts open for me... thanks, honey!) so it has a real shiny metal look. I used sticky strip to stick it down. I made this one landscape with Real Red bike and modern label punch.




This one I made portrait style. I used a long strip of the soda can. I colored this bike in Cherry Cobbler and layered the bike image on a piece of Cherry Cobbler. I also used the ticket corner punch and modern label punch.

I think it's hard to design for guys. They don't like the ribbons and the other embellishments. I tend to go with simpler being better for the dude card.

Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

This is AWESOME!!!! I absolutely love this card. Way to go!!! :D