Thursday, June 2, 2011

Come Sail Away


Are you singing the song yet? "Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me..." I have been singing it when I use this stamp.


This is my first card in a bit. I've been creating some frames for a colleague (I'll post those pictures later). I don't know what is wrong with me because I don't feel particularly creative these days. When I have the time or the chance to go in the studio, I just don't feel like it. Maybe it's the end of the school year and I'm tired and fried; I don't know, but needless to say, my mojo has been missing. In an effort to find it again, I decided to force myself in there today. I have decided to issue myself a challenge.... one card a day. I will make one card a day. It is a big challenge for me, but one I believe I can do if I motivate myself to complete the challenge. I'd love your encouragement!!!!


Here's my card for today. I have seen others that are close to something like this, and I wanted to try it. I also wanted to use the technique of using paper piecing for the sails on the boat. AND wanted to use my new brown and white twine (see it hiding behind the sentiment on the first one? Well, I didn't like it hiding so I changed it for the second one. I used Sail Away, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso and Whisper White.



Here I added the strip of Early Espresso to wrap the twine around. I decided to go with the retirement cards since I have so many friends retiring this year! If they checked out my blog, they'd see what kind of card they'll be getting!


On a separate note, if you are a praying person, one of the bloggers I like to follow is in need of your prayers. She's been evacuated from her home due to flooding in North Dakota. Her name is LeeAnn.


Please keep checking back to see if I am keeping up with my goal!


Thanks for looking...

No comments: