Saturday, February 19, 2011

Embossed and Engraved Birthday



I made this card using the Engraved Greeting set. I am trying to put together a class of all boy birthday cards. I don't know about you, but I think boy cards are hard. Adding ribbon makes them too girly, lots of my stamp sets are also too girly with flowers, butterflies, etc. This set makes a great boy birthday.

I started with a Real Red base. Next I used a basic black layer that I texturized with the background Texturz Plates. I stamped the image by coloring on the stamp with my stampin' markers. I used two teeny tiny black brads. Then I used my spritzer tool to spray red and black speckles all over the image. Finally, I finished it up by using my photo corners punch and red paper (I also embossed those using a rough strips embossing folder... not SU...)

I think it works for a guy. Not too much fluff or bling. Not too much stuff or too much bling... perfect for a dude!

Thanks for looking...

No comments: