Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lovely Lace

I created this card in response to the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week.


I decided to change the direction of the card. I used the same color combination as the last card. I used Pretty in Pink as the base. Then I used a layer of Basic Gray that is edged on both sides with a lacy punch. On top of that I used Pink Pirouette that I embossed with a new embossing plate. For my sentiment, I used the stamp from Holiday Best. I embossed it on Pink Pirouette with a silver (that matches the satin ribbon). I used a sponge dauber and sponged around the sentiment with Pretty in Pink. I layered that on a piece of Basic Gray.


I like it! I hope you do, too. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

So darling. I love the softness of this card.

Deb said...

Great card! I love the way you switched up the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and that lacy punch! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

Melody said...

Such a lovely card!! Love the color combo!!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Love how you flipped the sketch! The silver embossing really makes this card elegant. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

Two cards and both beautiful! Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Very pretty! Loved how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!