Monday, November 1, 2010

Seeing Double?

Yes, you are seeing double! I used Inspired by Nature to do this week's sketch challenge over at Stamping 411. It's a really cool sketch this week... lots of fun, ladies! Thanks! I've got some more ideas coming, too!

I will admit that I L-O-V-E, LOVE the Cottage Garden DSP. So when this Sunny Garden DSP came out, I quickly bought it. But, this is the first time I've used it. It has the same exact patterns as the Cottage Garden, but I don't love the colors as much. Maybe it's just me...
It is supposed to go with Daffodil Delight, but I liked it better with So Saffron, so that's what I put it with because I can! :) I started with a base of the saffron, then put a base of Peach Parfait. Then I used 4 one inch strips of DSP. I used my top notes die in saffron as a base for my cone flower. I colored the stamp with my markers. In this one, (which wasn't my first try at this...) the ink was spotty and not even, but it looked a bit distressed and I liked it! So I left it. I used 3 peachy/orange brads in a L-shape in the corner (because they'd have gotten lost on the background DSP!) I used Old Olive, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip ink on the stamp. I also used an olive ribbon. On this card, I popped up the top note piece.

On this edition of the card, I did mostly the same. However, this stamp was really my first, and again the ink was not even so I colored it in! I got a bright pop of color that way. I used a marker from a non-SU set I have, but the color was close to Poppy Parade, which I don't have. I do have some poppy sparkle brads that I added, and I had a hard time picking the ribbon. Nothing seemed right. I just got this crumb cake ribbon, which I thought tied in with the soft suede part of the flowers. I am not sure how I feel about it just yet, but I wanted to finish and post before bed. I keep making typos because it's past my bed time so I will just have to live with that ribbon.
Overall, I am happy with them....
Thanks for looking...


5 comments:

Lisa Martin said...

Love both of your cards! :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love them both. I agree the DSP works well with this image. you really did it justice. Thanks for playing along.

Connie Babbert said...

both cards are great...wonderful DSP!

Kerin said...

I love them both! It's great how just a few simple touches can make a whole different card! Great job with the sketch :)

gbarron56 said...

Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators! Blessings, Gretchen