Saturday, October 2, 2010

Swap time, Baby!

I recently (today) attended my first Stampin' Up regional! It was so awesome!

I made 115 things to swap. I didn't know if I made too many or not enough. After attending, I would say that next time, I might make 150 or 175.

I got some amazing swaps from others and want to pass on the information (for you stampers, it's the "recipe") for my swaps.

I made 51 little tea light candles. Super easy. Follow the directions to make them from my entry here. I used the Tags Till Christmas and Berry Christmas stamp sets. I used Red Ridinghood, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi. When I did the little snowman, I took off the "to" and "from" and before the wax dried, I sprinkled a bit of dazzling diamonds to make it blind. So fun!

For this 2 ornament card, I used the ornament punch (of course!) I also used the Tags Till Christmas, Peaceful Wishes, and Delightful Decorations stamp sets. The colors are Real Red, Garden Green, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White. In addition, I put in the silver elastic cord. On the green ornament, I also have a diamond bling right in the middle. Then I popped up the red "Joy" ornament. Of course, I couldn't make them all the same. I had to change which was on the right, which was on the left, which one hung lower than the other one.




I didn't want to do all holiday cards, so I came up with this fun one. It starts with a base of Crumb Cake. Then there is a layer of Pink Pirouette. I used the new decorative label punch and punched out a label in Pear Pizazz. Then I stamped the stems and leaves from the Just Believe set in Wild Wasabi (I don't have Pear Pizazz ink!) on Very Vanilla and punched that out with the decorative label punch. Finally, I used all the words from In a Word set for the sentiment.










This is my non-traditional Christmas card! I used a base of Wild Wasabi, a square of Certainly Celery (with one end punched with the scallop edge punch), and a short strip of Rose Red.

I used the Perfect Punches holiday sentiment on white. I inked the stamp with celery. I wiped off the words with a baby wipe and re-inked the words with Rose Red.

It's super simple, but sweet none-the-less.





This poinsettia card was actually the first one I made for the swap. I started with a base of River Rock. I topped that off with Red Ridinghood that has been embossed with the Petals embossing folder (I don't remember the whole name). I topped that with a strip of Always Artichoke that I punched down the edges of both sides with the edge punch. Then I punched two five petal flowers and used my bone folder to break down the fibers in the paper, which makes the ends of the paper curl up a bit. I used silver or gold glitter brads and the sentiment from Occasional Quotes in either silver or gold ink (depending on the color of the brad in the flower). I also inked up the edges of the petals in the gold/silver ink.

Since I can't do all of them the same way, I positioned the strip of artichoke in a bit of a different place on each one. On the silver, I went right down the middle. With the gold, I shifted the placement over to the right a little bit.

If you got my swap card, I hope you're happy with it! You can email me with questions if you have any.
Thanks for looking....



No comments: