Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all...

I really wanted to use this set to make some fall cards, and when I saw this week's challenge over on Stamping 411, I knew I found a great way to play with these cards!

This set is Give Thanks. It's sooooo cute! I started off with a base of Chocolate Chip. I have a strip of Old Olive, a small strip of Pumpkin Pie, a strip of More Mustard. The mustard strip has the 3 leaves from this set randomly stamped using VersaMark ink so it's subtle. I stamped the sentiment from the set in Chocolate Chip ink on the Old Olive paper. I also used a chocolate grosgrain ribbon. I couldn't decide what to use for the main image so I did one with the pumpkin and one with the basket of leaves. I like both!

I punched out the pumpkin with a 1 3/4" circle punch. I then punched 2 tab punches which, if you fit them together, make a perfect circle for behind the 1 3/4" punch! Then I used a new Sizzix die cut I got today (with a 50% off coupon.... YES!) in olive behind the pumpkin and there are two brads in that in the mustard color.


I used a 2 inch circle punch for the basket. Behind that, I used a large scallop circle out of More Mustard. I meant to sponge some chocolate ink around the edges before I put it on, but I forgot before I popped it up so, needless to say, no chocolate ink on this one.



I colored in both images using my Stampin' Markers and a blender pen. I need to find a tutorial about how to make my coloring look more natural by blending. I so don't have that technique down!


Thanks for looking...

5 comments:

Kerin said...

These are awesome fall cards, great job with the sketch!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh my goodness! These are gorgeous! I really love the green shape behind the pumpkin. I think that's the first time I've seen that shape.. Beautiful job putting all the elements together. Wonderful Job!

Patti Chesky said...

Thanks for the tip about the round tab punch! I will have to try that!!! Your cards are gorgeous! Have fun playing with that new Sizzix die. It looks awesome!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I love them both...great job. Looks like you are ready for Fall!!!

rosebudinnh said...

I really like your blog you have some great ideas.