Sunday, August 22, 2010

Which is Best? Over or Underdressed?

This is a card that fits into a double challenge... It fits the color challenge put out by Just Add Ink, AND it goes with Pal's Paper Arts newest challenge. They have a new challenge that is inspired by a picture, but it has a twist. You are supposed to do two cards; the cards are virtually the same, but one is a "day" card, good, but less glamour and glitz. It's dressed down. The next one is a "night" card, more glamorous, more layers, something more dressed up.


The color challenge asks us to use Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Crumb Cake.



So this card above is my "day" card. It is cute, simple, and sweet. I used Pocket Silhouettes and Upsy Daisy on both cards. Nothing to be ashamed of.


The card to the right here is my night card. It has a bit more detail, more to look at. Now, I am a fan of a simple card, but I do love this card. I punched the edge of the red, used red ink on the single flower in the center, red and kraft colored eyelets, and an extra edge of brown along the bottom.


If you ask me, I like this one much better... don't get me wrong... I love a simple card (for lots of reasons), but I do really like the extra detail on this baby...


Thanks for looking...


NOTE TO JONAH:
I have to go back to work tomorrow.... I'm kinda freakin' out ova herea....

5 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Lisa I like both cards, but think the day card is best.

Linda Callahan said...

Love your color combo and design! Wonderful how you stepped it up with the second version! Thanks for joining us ta PPA!

Danielle Daws said...

They're both fabulous, I can't choose a favourite! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Jodene said...

They're both great cards! And while I also love a simple card I would have to say if I had to pick a fave out of these two it would be the second one :)

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are great, but I love the extra details on your "night" card! The border and the eyelets are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing @ PPA!