Wednesday, August 4, 2010

OMG! OMG!

I am so excited!!!! I have just received my first recognition on a challenge I did!!!! How exciting is that??? I posted this past week on the Create with Connie and Mary challenge, and I made it into their top 3 of the week!!! I am just so excited about that. I'd like to thank all the fans who support me, and of course all the talented people who inspire me. Ha! Just kidding. It really does make me feel good. Thanks for the recognition Connie and Mary. You made this girl very happy!
Okay... so before I read that good news, I was creating with my friend Susan. I made this card. I totally cased it from a blog I stumbled upon (I HAVE to get better about crediting my sources. I stress that to my students! I am sorry I didn't, but you had a blog with the word "monkey" in the title, well, two blogs really that were connected to each other and a personal story about a tragic loss... if you read this and know it's you, let me know so I can give you credit...) I love this card. The original was done in certainly celery (which I also love, but I am running low on... I need to order...), but I used Wild Wasabi, my most-favorite-in-color-that-I-didn't-know-how-much-I-loved-until-I-couldn't-get-anymore color. Seriously. I was "Oh, so happy" they brought this color back! That's wild wasabi, rose red and whisper white... for everything. This is a square card (that I don't have an envelope for... did I mention I need to order?) The butterflies on the front are made using the embosslet, and they are popped up. And the inside is stamped, too...

(Sorry this picture is so blurry... weird, huh? I just took both pictures. Why's one so blurry? Anyway, you get the idea...)

It isn't for a challenge (and judging from my other posts that means no one will probably see it...), but that's okay because I really, really like it!

Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

SusanC said...

Congrats! I am inspired by your creativity. Can't wait to see what you make next!