Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another color challenge

Here is another entry for the Stampin' Royalty color challenge for the week.

I really loved the I {Heart} Hearts set when I first saw it. I just had to have it. I got it. It sat there. And sat there. And sat there. I finally opened it and put the stickers on the back of the stamps when I worked on this challenge.

This is a modification of the other card I did for this challenge. I started with a Very Vanilla base. Then I used a 3/4" strip of the Not Quite Navy and a small strip of the Cherry Cobbler. I would guess about an 1/8 of an inch is showing. Then I stamped the dotted heart outline in Old Olive in the middle. For the rest of the hearts, I stamped them in either Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, or Daffodil Delight on Very Vanilla scraps and cut them out. I popped up the smallest hearts (one of each color!), the olive wood-grained heart, and the daffodil dotted heart. The sentiment in the middle is from the Whimsical Words set.

After I was done, I thought, "well, I could have embossed the navy strips on the top and the bottom," but they were attached, and I was happy with my card. That's really what counts, right?

3 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

hmmm...even more detail- adds more dimension and color. It's really great! thanks for entering again with us at SR.

Mama Meade said...

LOVE it!

savvy teaching tips said...

This card is great. Great job with the colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.