Saturday, July 31, 2010

I inspired myself...




So after making the "Get Well Soon" easel card for my friend, I decided to make one for my grandfather, who, as it turns out, is also in the hospital. I wanted to make one that was more manly and bright to help cheer him up. I, once again, looked to my ribbon collection to give me the color clues. I decided on this blue and green striped ribbon. I got it a while ago in a dollar bin at a craft store, and I thought (and still think) that it is super cute. I pulled out some retired Gable Green and Green Galore and added some tempting turquoise. I ran the turquoise through my cuttlebug using the lattice embossing envelope. I threw in some turquoise brads, and bah-da-bing, I have a man-ish, bright get well card for Gramps. I hope he likes it!
I actually ended up making two (the ribbon on each is slightly different... see?) Inside to help hold the card up in the easel position, I have a 1" stripe of the darker of the two retired greens and a boarder punch in the turquoise. I think it's cute!

No comments: