Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cards for a friend

My friend asked me to design some cards for her. I was happy to oblige. She has a friend who is in the hospital and will be for several weeks. The first card I designed was this purse card. It's a fun card for any woman. I made this before using black and white, white "purse," black ribbon and black swirls. My friend wanted something a little more girly and frilly. I was going to put rhinestones on the front, but a whole lot of people will be signing this, and I image that the whole inside will be filled. Those beautiful rhinestones would make it hard to sign so I had to nix them, but I did add a few for the clasp of the purse. So fun. I left this one blank on the inside for all the signatures, but the other one I made, I used the SU set (can't remember the name) with the shoes and purse. It has lots of cute staying about shoes, and one of them says, "I didn't forget your birthday; I'm just fashionably late." Anyway, I used a small piece of velcro to hold the purse shut... viola! Purse card...












The second card was just a general "get well soon" card. However, I am trying to use my DSP and really loved this set. Again, I cannot recall the name of the set, but it has cameo coral, river rock (from back when river rock was an "in color"), groovy guava and the ruby red. This is my first ever easel card. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and I hope that it will help bring some cheer to my friend's friend in some way. Since it's an easel card, it can be propped up so she will be able to see it, and won't blow over like regular cards tend to do when you sit them up.












That's all for today! Thanks for looking!

No comments: